These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Face Paint



What Is This?
This is me gearing up to go paintballing for the first time.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when you see something bad that's about to happen but don't have enough time to react?

We're five minutes into one of our rounds and I'm taking cover behind a wall. All of a sudden, I hear a series of splatters on the wall to my side. I turn to my left and all I see is a stream of paintballs headed straight for my head and chest. This is no hero's story. You already know how it ends. Painfully.

Every day, there are moments when you see something bad that's about to happen. A drink is about to fall on the floor or your door is about to close behind you and you don't have the key. In that split second, you wish you could react but you're helpless. It's like a movie playing in slow motion. All you can do is watch.

Bonus Picture (that's NOT me, thankfully):

Bruise from a paintball

3 comments:

  1. when i went paintballing with my friend for his birthday a few years back, there was this one idiot, who thought it was a good idea to run across the room into our territory. i don't even know why or understand the logic. anyways, everyone on our team turned our guns to him and shot him soooo many times. hahah felt bad for the buy. he ended up sliding onto the ground, with our team still firing at him. at the end of that round he had bruises all over his body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got shot in the left nut once. i couldn't move for about 5 seconds, which was enough time for the other person to shoot me another 3 or 4 times..

    ReplyDelete