These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Blowing Hot Air



What Is This?
This is a grainy picture (sorry for the poor quality but my LG Shine broke and I have to resort to using an old cell phone camera) of a hand dryer at the Burger King in Westwood.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when a hand dryer doesn't get your hands completely dry?

I'm all for the save-paper-save-the-environment concept. But sometimes it's annoying when the dryer lets out a lackluster stream of lukewarm air and your pants are your only substitute for paper towels.

Enter the Dyson Airblade (check out the nifty animation!). This beast shoots out sheets of wind at 400mph to simply dry off your hands. How awesome is that? Best part is, they've installed one of these $1200 monstrosities in the De Neve bathrooms.

Wait. Hold up. $1200? Let me get this straight: budget cuts are causing UCLA to admit less students, cram more kids into already crowded classrooms and even drop some majors entirely and we're spending money to dry off our hands adequately?

Well, at least it makes for some good entertainment.

7 comments:

  1. dude no offense but I don't want to get my hands wrinkled up with no water... JASS KIDDING let's propose this to the UC president, hopefully he sells our old hand dryers and gets these babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonder you took so long at burger king you were taking a picture of this. And yea you spoiled UCLA people with your super expensive hand dryers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaah i love russell's laugh in the video..he sounds like a small child its great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how russell screams at the end. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha the video was soo stupid but I got a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete