These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Can I Get Fries With That?



What Is This?
This is a picture of me at Sonic Drive-In. Yeah, it was windy there. Hence the new hair style.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when you go through a drive-thru (or toll booth or the entrance to a parking garage with the ticket-dispensing machine) and you end up really far from where you need to be?

Things like drive-thrus, toll booths and parking garage ticket-dispensing machines are built around one concept: convenience. You can get/receive items quickly without even leaving your car (what an American concept).

I have trouble enjoying this convenience because I often find myself more than an arms-length away from the target. At this point, I have two options: reverse and reposition my car or reach and hope I don't fall out of the window. So instead of being able to sit comfortably in the driver's seat, half of my body ends up hanging out of the car in an attempt to grab my cheeseburger, pay my toll or take my ticket.

Maybe I'm just a bad driver. And maybe I should adapt this post to be "Don't you have it when you have to deal with the consequences of being a bad driver?" But at least I'm not at my friend Tricia's level yet.

3 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO the picture of tricia is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA WOWW NOT FUNNY!
    It wasn't an attempt to park, I just needed to get out of the car really quickly and since no one was around I just stopped the car! DUH :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay well sometimes i'm just too short [thus my arm is too short] to reach the button/ticket even if i drive as close as i can to the machine and i end up having to put the car in park and unseatbelting and almost fall out of the car to get whatever i need. maybe this is a slight exaggeration...but still true.

    also, the prayer circle was so legit. it was a biker gang and they had all their bikes and looked so intense but it was amazing seeing them in a prayer circle. i loved it. i love LA. DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE IN A WEEK AHHHH :(

    ReplyDelete