These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Grilled Cheese Truck





What Is This?
These are pictures of The Grilled Cheese Truck on the UCLA campus.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you love it when you take a risk with where you eat and it pays off?

I walked out of Boelter Hall at 1PM today and my stomach felt like it was eating itself. That's what skipping out on breakfast will do to you. Anyways, I had two options for food at that point: go back to De Neve dining hall and eat the same food I've been eating for the past 8 months or try one of the food trucks parked in the South Campus courtyard.

A quick note about these food trucks: there are a lot of trucks that drive around L.A. and sell unique, fusion food. They're kind of hit (like the Kogi truck. Wow.) or miss. But either way, your tastebuds are in for an experience.

Inspired by Chanel's recents posts about food trucks and determined to take a look at the flipside of a coin that I had touched on earlier, I decided on the trucks. The Grilled Cheese Truck, in particular. Hey, if you're going to try something new, might as well try the most unique sounding one, right?

I stood in line for 45 minutes waiting for a damn grilled cheese sandwich and I didn't think my growling stomach would forgive me. Until I bit into the "Fully Loaded" (complete with macaroni and cheese, barbeque pork and carmelized onions). Who knew reliving a childhood favorite with a twist could be so rewarding?

3 comments:

  1. oh God that sounds amazing...I will keep my eyes pealed for that truck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the kogi truck!

    ReplyDelete