These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Best Raspberry Smoothies


(This is not my photo, I forgot to snap my own picture while I was there)

What Is This?
This is Union Bagel and Union Station in Los Angeles. They serve the best raspberry smoothies.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when a restaurant doesn't have your favorite menu item on the day you go?

"Sorry, our blender is broken." These five simple words and mini chaos erupted in my head. I felt a sense of disorientation and insecurity. When I came back to my senses, I hurriedly ordered some other random drink off the menu.

Personally, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. I like my bread-and-butter favorites and I stick with them until I grow tired of them. And when a restaurant doesn't have them for whatever reason, its a deflating feeling. I guess it's kind of a blessing in disguise though. When you don't want to make a change yourself, life has a funny way of doing it for you. Variety is the spice of life. You might come away from the whole experience with a broadened horizon and a new favorite food.

Still, Union Bagel, get that blender working again soon please!

3 comments:

  1. so true, I never change my orders unless I have to.

    And what were you saying earlier? Variety is the herb of life? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very true. whenever i go to starbucks, it's always a caramel frap with whipped cream or a caramel macchiato... i love my caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HMMM I wanna try! A smoothie sounds good.

    Last week I went to a cafe a few blocks from campus for the first time to sit and study for the day. I'm a really big coffee drinker and appreciate good coffee. SO to my dismay, I ordered a drink and they told me their espresso machine was broken. -_____- yeah, not a good first impression for me.

    ReplyDelete