These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sometimes You Need The Mix

Selena here again!



What is this?
This is my Chex Mix bag filled with mostly pretzels.

Hate it or Love it?
Don’t you hate it when you get a mixed bag of snacks that contains mostly the snack that you like the least?

I don’t know about you guys, but pretzels in Chex Mix are evil. They’re bland and boring and get in the way of those delicious golden chex. I don’t mean to be dramatic about my food but come on; there are TWO types of pretzels in Chex Mix. And I’m sorry to say but something bland and circular shaped is still bland no matter how cool it looks as a little window.

This is like getting all oranges and yellows in a Skittles packet, Lucky Charms with only a few marshmallows or (God forbid) a Starburst pair with no pink! Well, to each his own I guess, but you get my point.

But then I got to thinking and I realized that Chex Mix wouldn’t be as satisfying if it was only the chex. I think it’s because I work so hard to get rid of my pretzels that when I finally get to my chex it’s deeply satisfying. It’s sort of like how the weekdays make you appreciate the weekends, how dorm food makes you appreciate home cooking, and how walking makes you appreciate your car. In a nutshell, sometimes the bad times make you appreciate the good. So the next time I eat my Chex Mix maybe instead of seeing them as tasteless pretzels I’ll see them as necessary tools for maximum chex appreciation!

Good luck on finals everyone, hang in there because these bland few days will make Spring break all the more tasty!


--Skuo

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you, pretzels are the death in Chex Mix but then you get so happy when you find the little round bread things. Or not happy when you're sharing Chex Mix on a train ride with Selena Kuo and she eats all the good stuff. :P

    This post was cute! I think Skuo should post guest blogs more often. hehe <3 Lisa Le (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad i chexed bryans blog this time. bahaha. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pic looks retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE THE PRETZELS IN CHEX MIX!!!!!!!!!!
    kbye

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank goodness for the ugly girls.
    hahaha! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. personally I like the orange and yellow skittles. the purples ones are always a disappointment though.

    ReplyDelete