These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life In The Slow Lane



What Is This?
This is the car driving in front of me at 25 mph on Johnson Ave, which is a 35 mph zone.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when you're on a one-lane road and the car in front of you drives below the speed limit?

You're driving along a one-lane road with a 35mph speed limit. A car turns and starts driving in front of you and starts going 25. Then a stop sign. The guy in front of you hits the brakes 100 yards in front of the stop sign and then stops for the full three seconds before driving again. Bikers begin to pass you. The guy behind you is getting impatient and honks at you. It's not me, it's the guy in front of me! The worst part is that neither you nor any of the five cars behind you can go any faster because it's a one-lane road. And unless you want to go into the opposite lane against oncoming traffic, you're stuck right where you are. Finally you get to an intersection and it's time to turn right. You pull up next to the guy and take a good look at him. If the guy is talking on his cell phone, he's definitely getting the death stare from me. But if it's an old grandma in a Buick that can barely see over the steering wheel, I can't help but smile. How cute is that?

1 comment:

  1. LOL AGREED. You can never be angry about a cute old grandma who's driving slow.

    My brother [being a crazy ballsy driver] has gunned it into the opposing lane to pass a slow driver before. I can't believe he still hasn't gotten a ticket for all the crazy driving stunts he's pulled...

    ReplyDelete