These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Uh Oh. Time Crunch.

Finals Week Series, Part 3



What Is This?
This is a picture of the classroom right after my Computer Science 32 final.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you love it when you can't figure out a tough problem on a test and then suddenly realize how to solve it with only a couple minutes to spare?

Yes, today was the day. The day of my dreaded Computer Science final. And it definitely lived up to the hype as one of the most mentally draining tests of my life.

The first two problems were fine. I flipped the page and proceeded to meet #3 with a blank stare. Nope. I'll come back to it later. Two hours and a couple of problems later, I gave #3 another shot. More blank stares. I asked the professor a question, hoping he would slip up and reveal a hint on how to approach the problem. No luck. Seconds ticked by. Those seconds turned into minutes. "THIRTY MINUTES LEFT". "TWENTY MINUTES LEFT". "TEN LEFT". What? Did I really get nowhere in forty minutes? Then something funny happened. Something clicked in my head and I suddenly had an approach. After a couple of scribbles, I had my answer down. "TIME'S UP. PENCILS DOWN". I let out a giant exhale. I did my best and that's what counts, even if my best translates into the class average. Hey, could've been worse.

2 comments:

  1. i know that feeling... i had my chem midterm last week, and i couldn't help but do a lil pump with my fist every once in a while. now onto studying for finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bryan. Taking time off studying for physics to read this blog.
    This exact thing happened to me in my math final today...I seriously spent the last 30 minutes just looking at the problem going "wtf!!?" If you want to know i had to integrate this square root with hella shit under the square root. So the point was to manipulate the numbers under the square root to become a square so i could just cancel the squares. My WHOLE PAPER was just me writing down jumbles of numbers trying to figure out how to get it to become a square...Then finally i got it. i even wrote "OMG I FINALLY GOT IT" at the bottom of my paper just to show my TA how much work it took me to solve it. Maybe he'll give me bonus points...haha jk.

    ReplyDelete