These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Silence Is Golden



What Is This?
This is me sitting in a hot tub gazing up at the stars.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you love how relaxing a quiet, clear night is?

What do you think of when you hear "Los Angeles"? Definitely not quiet and definitely not clear. My short time in L.A. has been dominated by honking cars, flashing lights and overcroweded city buses. It's definitely an experience. But I think I've lost my appreciation for the slower lifestyle of Cupertino (and suburbia in general).

At home, the air is clearer, the streets are less crowded and trees actually exist. As I sat there in the hot tub, I heard something I hadn't heard in six months: true silence. It was the kind of silence that fills your ears with nothing (it's a weird sensation). The stars were almost equally as amazing. It was nice to see something other than a constant gray glow in the night sky for once.

Being back home is a mental breather. Hopefully I can catch my breath before I go back to the rat race next Monday.

3 comments:

  1. this is exactly what i thought when i went home: it's so quiet! ughh so lucky. it's pretty much impossible to find silence unless you're in a building =/ i fell asleep to cars honking and sirens screeching last night...enjoy home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow didn't even give me credit for standing outside with wet hair taking this stupid picture

    "little more left!!"
    "move the flashlight!!!!"
    "hold it still!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like a glowing candle

    ReplyDelete