These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Locked In

Finals Week Series, Part 2





What Is This?
The first picture is a screenshot of my invite to watch UCLA play Cal in the Pac-10 Basketball Tournament at the Staples Center. The second is a screenshot of me watching score updates of the game on Yahoo.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate when you have to sacrifice a once-a-year opportunity because you have to study?

The chance to watch my school play live in the semifinals of the conference playoffs? At Staples Center? For only $10? What a no-brainer! Yes, the choice was pretty obvious to me. Don't go.

I have my Computer Science 32 final tomorrow. After spending late night after late night studying for it, I knew what I should do. Spend another night studying. As much as you want to take advantage of such a great opportunities, I guess you have to have priorities. And I wasn't about to let a quarter of endless computer programming go to waste because of one bad test.

In college especially, there's a tough balance that needs to be struck between work and fun. When do you say, "You know what, giving this up really isn't worth studying a couple more hours for a few more points on a test"? Or when do you tell yourself, "I should stay in tonight. I'm in college to prepare myself for the future"? To tell you the truth, I don't think there's one right answer. It varies from person to person. And I guess I'm still struggling to find my balance.

Time to look on the bright side. As it turns out, UCLA lost to Cal and I didn't miss much. Nikola Dragovic is gone for good (Bruin fans, did you think he would go out any other way?). And there's always next year, for both UCLA basketball and me.

3 comments:

  1. Youre taking your CS final as i type this so hopefully when you come back you'll be glad that you stayed and studied cause you aced your final!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys aren't gonna go anywhere but up in bball.. it was kind of an in between year for you guys.. don't think any of the underclassmen are considering the draft and hopefully they can keep recruiting better players outside of cali too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 for 12. how embarrassing. back to serbia dragovic, thanks for taking repeatedly taking the worst shots ever.

    ReplyDelete