These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hi, My Name Is...



What Is This?
This is a dinner hosted by the club Epic. It was kind of an informational thing where you meet other new people interested in the club.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when you meet someone and forget their name five minutes later?

"Hi, my name's Bryan"
"Hey Bryan, I'm Karina"
"Nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you too"

If you replace "Karina" with another name, that conversation probably happened at least ten times during the dinner. Problem is, once you get introduced to a new person, you forget the name of the person you met three people ago. So when the time comes to ask Katherine (or was it Katrina?) to pass a napkin, I don't know what to say. In these situations, I usually just resort to "Hey...HEY...mind passing the napkins?" Yes, a little impersonal and somewhat rude, but its better than calling her by the wrong name. Yes, I've done that before. And yes, that's a whole lot more embarrassing (don't you REALLY hate it when?).

2 comments:

  1. I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS! It's like I need to add them on facebook for them to remember me -__- and we always look at each other funny when we pass each other by, it's so weird

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh dude well fuken said i was thinkin i was the only with like alsiemers or sumthin. i jus call em by what i think is his or her name and if i say it wrong i ask em if they remember my name which tehy usually do then that shit gets realz awkward and u try to smile your way through

    ReplyDelete