These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Battle With My Subconscious





What Is This?
The top picture is a picture of my middle and ring fingers in all their glory. If you can tell, they both have double nails growing on them. The bottom picture is a promo poster for Saw II. I couldn't help but draw the comparison.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you hate it when you can't stop subconsciously picking at an abnormality on your body?

I think we all have a fascination with abnormalities. We scratch scabs. We pull at hangnails. We tongue canker sores. And in this case, I pick at my double nails. Most of the time, I pick at them without even knowing. It's an involuntary nervous tick. After I realize what I'm doing, I tell myself to stop, but then five minutes later I find myself doing the same thing again. In fact, next time you get a scab or hangnail or canker sore or (if you're as lucky as me) a double nail, I challenge you to try to ignore it. Good luck, my friend, because a battle with your subconscious is a battle you won't win.

Now I'll include some FAQ about my double nails, since you've all been dying to know about them!

Question: How'd that happen?
Answer: Well, to keep it short...I flipped over my bike handlebars and broke one finger and sprained the other. The nails on two of the injured fingers grew back like that.

Q: Does it hurt?
A: No. It's completely painless to the touch. It feels to me exactly like any of my other fingers.

Q: Will they go away?
A: Fortunately, yes. In fact, they have almost completely grown off. Anyone want them as a souvenier once they fall off?

Q: Can I touch them?
A: No.

Q: WHAT? Are you wearing acrylics???
A: For the last time...NO!

9 comments:

  1. Gross! Can't wait for that double nail to fall off! Glad to see they're not infected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe i held your hand. And i gotta say i think you have more body abnormalities than anyone else mr. canker sores and scabs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross...refering to the poster. everyone has quirks & imperfections. while others may not ever notice, we are super self-conscious...it's like having an "elephant in the room".

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOL @ ROSE'S FACE

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought those were selenas fingers at first LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLLZZ yeah i thought those were called hangnails or ingrowned toe nails those shit hella bug me i like the post rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    did i take this picture? its really familiar.. LOL
    FRICKIN ROSE. HAHAHHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup, taken right from your album elaine. thanks! i love how you got rose in the back

    ReplyDelete