These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Welcome Home



What Is This?
This is Jake, my Shiba Inu.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you love the way your pet greets you when you come home?

Pets have a special kind of power. Dogs in particular. No matter how bad of a day I've had, Jake always finds a way to put a smile on my face. It's hard not to let his carefree emotion rub off on me and brighten my day. I think it's simple to explain, really. Dogs show the unfiltered emotion that's rarely shown by humans. And that kind of emotion is very endearing.

Did You Know?
Owning a dog can extend your lifetime up to 8 years!

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to experience the kind of happiness that dogs feel. What if your only worries were how many treats you were going to get today or if that squirrel was going to run into the backyard again? I think dogs vs. humans is a great example of the "ignorance vs. experience" debate. Is ignorance really bliss? Is it better to have no worries and be content with your own little world? Or is it better to be knowledgeable and experience many things while sacrificing a level of pure happiness? Personally, I side with the latter. But I'd like to know what you guys think.

Do you think ignorance is bliss?
Yes
No
  

2 comments:

  1. I voted "No."

    Ignorance does get you a shallow level of bliss, but knowledge is really the only way to true bliss, which I believe to be when you find a balance between enjoying life's positives, and doing your best to understand and hopefully work to end the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever heard of the chinese proverb about a frog living in his own small well?? i think its a well. ask selena

    ReplyDelete