These aren't just my thoughts.
They're everyone's.
I'm just the one writing them down.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Star Struck



Who Is This?
The man I'm standing next to is none other than the legendary tennis icon Pete Sampras.

Hate It Or Love It?
Don't you love when a spontaneous experience makes your day?

So here's the story: I'm walking back from my last class of the day on Thursday and I'm tired. I see my friend, Lily, and she's like, "Bryan! Guess who I just saw??? Pete Sampras! He's playing tennis on the courts across the street!" I ask if he's still there and she says probably, but that it's a private practice and the most you can do is watch. I'm already behind on a lot of work but I decide to head over anyways. Right as I get there, he's packing up his stuff so I run onto the court and meet him.

I think I tend to get through my day by going through the motions. I don't usually pay attention to the little (or big) things that make each day unique. But maybe I should. I think people can be much happier if they break out of their daily routines. Too often do people contemplate doing something out of their comfort zone but shrug it off later. Take a risk and do something to make your day unique. If there's an opportunity, make the most of it. I'd be less disappointed if I tried something and failed than if I didn't try at all.

I'll leave you with a new phrase, made popular by Dead Poets Society and Kobe Bryant: Carpe Diem. Seize the day.

And lastly, I have a challenge for you. Post a story about an recent experience where you took a risk and it made your day. Big or small, I don't care, let's hear 'em.

5 comments:

  1. Let's see here. I really don't consider myself a partier, but last Thursday was my first official "college" party. I was ready for the time of my life and my expectations were set way too high. I was really excited, but when my friends and I got to Theta Xi, we saw a huge group of guys standing outside. Unfortunately, our female friends joined the party and here I was, with the rest of the guys standing outside because frat parties don't want guys there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you know how i hate change right, but the other day i was buying candy to put in my backpack (it keeps you awake during super boring lectures, you should try it sometime) and i was reaching for the usual hershey's cookies and cream bar but THEN I BOUGHT THE MINI M&M'S INSTEAD!! Something about the cool packaging was just calling out to me. And honestly when i ate them again i rediscovered their deliciousness that is packed into something so surprisingly little! Fine, it's not as cool or as good of a story as meeting pete sampras but it makes me happy during class and that's what counts eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one slammin pic of you and Pete! You two have that whole hand on the hip thing goin on.

    It definitely made my day when I met him at the very same place as well!

    Well next up for me is Andre Agassi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. always seize the day ^.^v
    thats why im so behind in school work HAHA but it totally makes college life thatttttt much better
    speaking of meeting a celeb
    my favorite- lydia paek
    i've met her twice, first time in kenya where i got to pose with her twice for the camera, and 2nd was for that clubbing event where I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS COMING AND SHE WAS DANCINGGG AND I went up to her and was like OMGGG IM A HUGE FAN OF YOURS AND I PERFORMED WITH YOU AT KENYAA blahblahblah and i got to dance with her and watch her freestyle omgggggggg this girl is my IDOL!!!! so that club event was actually a competition rightt and afterwards i saw her again and she said gurlllll you went FULL OUT! DAMNNnnnnnnn good jobbbbbb =] AND I WAS LIKE OMGGGGGGGGG ^.^v yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =DDDDDDDDDDDDD and im going to see her soon at Irvine cuz we gots another competition called Urban street jamz iono if you wanna hit that up, but tell me!
    anywayysss lovin the blog so far (maybe too many words?? hehehe but it is engcomp3) thanks for the linksss they're cute =]

    ReplyDelete